Last night I began and finished the final two warships for my Turcowaz (Turkish) navy.
|Hayreddin Barbarossa - I looked up the name.|
Seems he was a very successful admiral in the time of
Suleiman the Magnificent.
The remaining vessel is the 'protected cruiser' Hamidieh. Designed, possibly, more as a commerce raider, it is nowhere near as powerful as the other large ships in the collection.
|Hamidieh - protected cruiser. I might add some |
secondary armament ...
Finally, a couple of photos of the whole collection:
- Lemnos - modern Pre-Dreadnought battleship
- Hydra - ironclad/ coastal battleship
- Georgios Averof - armoured cruiser. This vessel looks larger than Lemnos, and the fact is it was longer, but displaced less, and its guns were not as heavy.
- Panthir - destroyer
- Ierax - destroyer.
- I have two reserve names for destroyer replacements or additions: Leon and Aetos.
|The whole collection: 5 Hellenic and 6 Turcowaz vessels.|
- Turgut Reis - older Pre-Dreadnought battleship
- Hayreddin Barbarossa - older Pre-Dreadnought battleship
- Messudieh - ironclad/ coastal defence battleship
- Hamidieh - protected cruiser
- S165 Muavenet - destroyer
- S166 Yadigar - destroyer.
- I have two reserve names for destroyer replacements or additions: S167(?) Numune and S168(?) Gayret.