This will be a brief posting, just a reminder that, for the last week of October, the Black Mountains Army has been besieging the city of Scutari, in Northern Abiloni, near the Adriatic Sea coast. I needed some very simple rules for the siege, which had to include the possibility of surrender, but also the chance of the garrison attempting a sortie, or the besiegers attempting a storm.
- Garrison surrenders
- Garrison attempts a sortie
- Starvation and pestilence in the City! Garrison loses 1-3 SP (determined by die roll)
- Pestilence in the camp! Besiegers lose 1-3 SP (determined by die roll)
- Besiegers attempt a coup de main.
- Betrayal! A traitor leaves open a gate to allow besiegers in. Besiegers attempt a storm, with 1-3 SP inside the city walls.
Black Mountains Army:
- Command, General Zrnov and staff (average) = 6SP
- 2nd Infantry (trained) = 4SP
- 3rd Infantry (trained) = 3SP (This unit upgraded from 'green').
- 4th Infantry (green) = 4SP
- 1st Artillery Regiment = 2SP
- Transport column = 1SP
6 Units, Median 3*.
20SP, exhaustion point -7SP
- Command, (average) = 6SP
- 2 Infantry units (green) @ 4SP = 8SP
- 1 Garrison Artillery = 2SP
4 Units, Median 2*
16SP, exhaustion point -6SP
Turcowaz have 1 command, 8 infantry, 2 artillery - 11 units, median 6.
Black Mountains have 1 command, 11 infantry, 2 artillery and 1 transport - 15 units, median 8.
However, one or either army might choose to retain some units with 2SP.
To be continued: Week 5 - the beginning of November.