|Chervenian IIIrd Army in defence at 'Abstrati|
|General view of the field looking southwest.|
|Map of the Battlefield. The pink line represents|
the Chervenian forward defence locations (FDLs).
|Turcowaz on their start lines.|
Chervenia IIIrd Army
- General Radko Dimitriev, staff and escorts (Poor) = 6SP
- 3rd Royal Guard Infantry (veteran) = 4SP
- 13th, 14th Infantry (trained) @3SP = 6SP
- 15th Infantry (trained) = 4SP
- 20th, 21st Infantry (green) @4SP = 8SP
- 3rd Machine Gun Battalion = 2SP
- 4th Cavalry (trained) = 3SP
- 5th Field Artillery = 2SP
- 5th Transport Column = 1SP
36SP, exhaustion point -12.
Turcowaz Fourth Army
- Halepli Zeki Pasha, staffs and escorts (Good) = 6SP
- 6th Infantry (veteran) = 4SP
- 12th, 19th, 22nd Infantry (trained) @4SP = 12SP
- 20th, 21st Infantry (trained) @ 3SP = 6SP
- 6th Cavalry (green) = 3SP
- 11th, 12th Mountain Artillery @2SP = 4SP
- 7th Transport Column = 1SP
|Chervenian cavalry probing attack...|
The battle narrative need not detain us long. The weight of the Turcowaz artillery quickly silenced the Chervenian guns altogether, and switching to the town wherein lay the machine guns, belike would have served them out in the same manner. The MG battalion hastily evacuated the place, leaving half their guns behind, the garrison duties being undertaken by the Royal Guards.
|Artillery silenced, MGs driven out, 3rd |
Royal Guards take over town's defence.
|Chervenian 15th and 21st Infantry, secure|
in their woods.
|Chervenian cavalry in a lot of trouble!|
|Chervenian cavalry flee with minimal loss...|
|Accurate shooting by Turcowaz artillery.|
|General view looking west. Turcowaz infantry|
advancing on the northern flank.
|Turc0waz cavalry cross the river. |
Where to from here?
|Turcowaz high tide. Having driven out|
the enemy, they never could quite
secure the village, nor the hills nearby.
|There seems to be no chance of rolling up the |
Chervenian south flank.
|Turcowaz troops have fallen back;|
Chervenians reoccupy the village and hill features.
|Chervenian counter-attack - just before its recall.|